This privacy statement discloses what information we gather about you when you visit the peachyapricot.com website and describes how we use that information. Our policy is to keep the personal information we receive from our website completely confidential and used solely for internal purposes.
Website Security Guarantee
We have taken many precautions to insure that shopping at peachyapricot.com is safe and secure. We use the industry-standard SSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer) to ensure that all credit card transactions are secure. The SSL system encrypts information that you submit to us via our website when you place an order. Encryption makes it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept information about you, your order, or your credit card information.
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information if you contact us directly.
IP Address: To ensure a smooth shopping experience, our system logs the Internet Protocol (IP) Address of each user. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer every time you browse the internet. Depending on your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the type of connection this number may change each time you log on. Information from IP addresses is used for system administration, troubleshooting, and the examination of traffic trends and response rates to various promotional offers. This data is not linked to personally identifiable information.
We may collect certain information about your visit, such as type of browser you use; the date and time you access the website, the pages that you access while at the website and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our website. This information is used to help improve the website.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Storage of Personal Information Outside the EU
We store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on AES encryption as the legal basis for the transfer.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
When you sign up for our newsletter, we ask only for your e-mail address. We do not rent, sell or share our email list.
If you do not wish to receive our email anymore, an unsubscribe button is located at the bottom of each email for your convenience. Or you can send us an email with the subject line "Unsubscribe me" to email@example.com.
peachyapricot.com and peachyapricotshop.com use "cookies" for the sole purpose of enhancing your shopping experience. Cookies are files that your Web browser places on your computer's hard drive and which assign a unique identification code to your computer. Cookies do not enable us to retrieve from your computer any additional personal information about you other than information that you knowingly and willingly provide to PeachyApricot.com through the order process or through sign up.
How to Contact Us
Please note that for the purposes of EU data protection legislation, PeachyApricot is the controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org